6 - 13 Nov: Messiahering

Thu - Visitors asleep - do they really exist? - when I left.  60 lengths in 33 minutes.  Big last rehearsal tonight, that will be enough exercise for the day.

Wed - short 15 minute swim.  Had to prepare villa for 2 visitors who are in the orchestra for the Messiah.  As it was, I didn't see them all day, but they do exist.  Spin/pump in evening with Whalid.

Tue - Thought I was going mad - Was just going to do a swim, but decided to try a run first to get training for the Dec tri.  Well, could I find my MBT trainers?  I looked everywhere, no luck. I knew I had worn them back from HK, so they were somewhere.  Very worrying, was I becoming a Thora Hird?  Pulled on normal trainers, and did 2.9km in 23 mins around the back of the compound.  I didn't walk, a slow pace but its a start.  Then had a 15 swim to stretch.  Felt good, except my mind was puzzling over the trainers.  As I left for work, I passed the door to the back garden ajar, and 'click!' I remembered that I had put them out when I got back into the sun to dry them out as they were a little wiffy.  They had been there for 10 days.  No harm done and lots of relief.  Ah, these small things do dominate the mind unduly.

Rehearsal in evening.  A lot left to do and only 3 days to go.
Mon - 30 mins swim, then spin/abs in evening.  The King's Uncle has died (after being very quiet for 7 years in ICU in Awali) so all music is banned for 3 days.  Weird spinning in silence.  Popped into Dilmum Diving for dinner afterwards.
Sun - 30 mins swim.
Sat - 48k to Riffa Fort, then golf club for bacon sarnie.  Popped into Awali hospital to see Richard who is recovering from a broken femur, caused when he fell off his bike at 2mph doing a U turn due to slippery road.  Spin/abs with See in evening, legs felt good.
Fri - Jeff from work wanted to get his bike going again (He hasn't cycled for 2 years and then only a few time before then in NY), so he came over and I took him for the usual 58km to Banyan Tree in 2:48hrs.  Now Jeff is a youngster, very fit, works out everyday and doesn't drink.  He was knacked and almost collapsed after getting up the Banyan Tree hill.  I felt fine, legs are strong.  So at least I'm cycling fit!  Stopped for coffee and cakes at F1 Costa Coffee.  Messiah rehearsal at 5pm then C&L's delayed flat warming party at Amwaj tonight, so don't know how I'll be in the morning.

Jon's brithday today, congratulations my boy for getting off to a good start in your new job.