14 - 20 Aug: Hot and humid

Thu - "Last supper" with guys at lunch (takeout Chinese). Played with www.Bikehike and downloaded the Corsica routes to Garmin.
Wed
- I am pathetic. Failed to get out of bed in time. Humidity has shot up. Spin/Abs with Walid
in evening, heart rate up more than last time. This must be doing me some good?Been having some slight ache at the front of the knees, and I read that this can be due to the saddle being too low, so I've raised it on the bike and at Spin the last couple of times. Seems much better. could be coincidence, but I'll keep it this way.
Tue
- Recovery day
Mon - 32k local. Light dust haze so less direct sun, but humid. Saw Mike & Steve (AWs) cycling other way round. Toughish Spin/abs in evening with Walid, and popped into diving at Dilmun. Their kitchen is still under renovation, so left after a chat to prepare dinner at home. Diving already full for Friday which is a relief as I think its too hot to be out all day on the boat, but I still want to appear keen! Booked Stoker to come out in 10 days for a long weekend, something to look forward to.
Sun - quiet day
Sat - Diving cancelled as not enough signups. Probably for the better as it is damm hot. Cycled my tuna roll that I had made for lunch to Hamala Beach Resort and sat by the seaside to eat it. Strong headwind as I meandered back on tracks across the fields to the pipeline (I was on the MTB). 12k. Spin/Abs in evening.
Fri
- 57k with AWheelers. Awali, Riffa fort, Hamad, then I slipped off back of peleton and came home via Malakiya. Felt much better than last week, though eyes are watering even though I have been back on anti-histamines again. I can keep up with the group for about an hour, then I feel like slowing down....so I do.

Yesterday friends John Scoble and Paul Stephens (+ his son Charlie) finished walking the GR10 from Atlantic to Med in 45 days. Well done guys! It sounded like it wasn't much fun, with lots of up and downs and alongs, and big storms, without the biking thrill of descending without brakes. I think I'll stick to cycling.